Travelling is an enriching experience. The travel industry has been booming ever since travel and tourism became a trend. Speaking of trends, chatbot tech has grown rapidly among the industries today and have many applications. One such chatbot application are ‘travel chatbots’. They come in various designs, features and functionalities. Travelling needs a lot of planning and chatbots have been a great tool to automate various tasks.
So in this blog, let’s find out a little more about this new wave in the Travel industry.
What are travel chatbots?
Gone are the days when travelers had to visit their local travel agents to book flights or look up for hotels. To serve to technologically proficient customers, the travel industry is coming up with various tools and this has been bringing about a whole new wave in the travel industry today.
Chatbots in travel industry automate travel related tasks. From flight bookings, hotel bookings, recommendations to being a tour guide, chatbots can do it all! This makes travelling ever more convenient.
If you run a travel agency, using a chatbot on your website will give your customers all they need in a matter of seconds and engage them by being available 24/7. When a lead approaches your bot, all their information is captured and sent to your travel agent.
But for that, you will have to choose and integrate a bot that seems most suitable to your business type and its requirements.
Take a look at the various types of travel chatbots and their functions.
Just like us, every bot is different and has its own way of working and organising. So here’s a list of a few bot types you can choose from according to your business needs and customer demands.
For hotel and flight bookings
Flight and hotel bookings are the most tiresome, energy-sucking part of the whole travel planning scene. People are usually found to be in distress regarding this, and why shouldn’t they be? Looking around a million hotels and flight options that suits your needs, as well as your pockets, has never been a walk in the park! Until the chatbots came in, of course! So take a quick look at a couple of travel chatbots that make the whole booking facade a little easier for your customers.
- Travel- trip planner: This is a chatbot template that helps your customers book flights. Information such as travel dates, seating options, choice of airlines are captured from the customers. This information is further passed on to your travel agent who can go ahead and complete the booking process. Convenient right? Check out the template here!
- Hotel booking bot: Let your customers directly book a room/services through your website chatbot. It also provides pricing, availability, room type and much more so that your customers can just *click click* and get over with it. Here’s the template.
Say goodbye to the old-fashioned travel-guide sham. Chatbots are here and they’re really cool! Who could’ve ever imagined an artificially intelligent robot could help you around the new city and be your perfect travel buddy? Well, the future has finally arrived, technology has bestowed upon its best to humankind and things are starting to look goood! Check out some of these travel-friendly bots.
- Trip planner bot: This is the ultimate saviour to all our explorers suffering from the unpleasant decision fatigue! This chatbot design spares your customers from having to scroll through websites. It provides destination options in carousels which helps your client visualise the place and the transport details are sent dynamically. It also helps in planning the trip end-to-end, letting your customers ‘take a break’ for real! Have a look!
- City travel guide: Exploring a new city? Let the chatbot help you! This chatbot lets your customers book flights, find suitable hotels and rent cars. On top of that, it also makes recommendations on places to visit, things to do, must-have meals and much more. Give it a try!
- Tourism bot: This the game changer for all the tourism companies. This chatbot allows your customers to review and book tour packages on your website. It gives you a great opportunity to speed up your businesses by capturing lead information and engaging them with conversations. There you go!
Customer service administration
Customer service is one of the primary functions of chatbots. In the Travel industry, they’re being extensively used in airlines, hotels, restaurants, vehicle rentals and so on. Any customer query is first dealt with the bot and if the problem gets complex, the live agent is able to assist the customer. This gives the customers an all-inclusive experience and derives customer satisfaction and customer loyalty.
Travel chatbots are advantageous all round! They satisfy customers, make travel agents’ work easier and increases the tourism which indirectly has a positive effect on state the capital.
To build the perfect travel chatbot, visit our website Engati.
Choose from our 100+ bot templates at our Bot Marketplace!
Also, we’ve got several other interesting blogs lined up for you, so give them a read!
We hope you found this blog helpful. Thanks for reading!
Hope to see you soon. Until then,